A couple of weeks ago we had some friends staying with us and after a night out, they suggested to have a warm lemon drink first thing in the morning to cleanse our bodies. I have always heard that some fresh lemon juice with some warm water in the morning was very good for you but I had never done it for any length of time.
I usually need something hot first thing in the morning, so my go-to-drink has always been coffee, but I like the idea of starting the day with something healthy. We know that water is good for you, it is essential to be hydrated to perform properly during the day. We also know that lemon is good for you, with all that vitamin C, but I wanted to know why warm lemon water is so good for you and how it can help you. And here it is.
WARM LEMON WATER in the morning will
– Boost your immune system. Lemon is high in vitamin C and potassium. The potassium will stimulate the brain and nerve function and helps control the blood pressure while the vitamin C will help you fight colds.
– Act as a natural diuretic. Lemon juice has long been used as a diuretic, especially in a glass of hot or warm water. Lemon is used to relieve water retention and help with temporary weight loss.
– Help you lose weight. Lemons helps fight cravings and cleans your body. I also find that by starting the day with healthy choices, I am more likely to keep it up for the day.
– Aid your digestion. The warm water keeps things moving while the lemon will help release the toxins in the digestive track. Warm lemon water also helps your body absorb and digest nutrients more efficiently, reducing indigestion and bloating
– Cleanse your Skin. We have always been told that the only way to achieve the glowing skin is by drinking water. the detox qualities of the leom will help you get rid of the toxins while the vitamin C will help with the wrinkles and blemishes.
– Balance Ph. Although lemons are very acidic, once they are inside our body they become alkaline (the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolised) and that regulates the Ph of your stomach, which is perfect if you have a diet high on acidic foods or you suffer from acidity.
– Hydrate the lymph system. The lymphatic system is also responsible for removing toxins from the body. The warm lemon water not only cleanse your body, it also hydrates your lymph system which stimulates the elimination process. When your body is dehydrated, it can’t perform all of it’s proper functions which can lead to toxic build-up and stress.
I have already done one week of having the lemon water first thing in the morning and I have to say that I feel much better for the day.
If you find the taste too acidic for your liking, you can always add a spoonful of honey to it and you will be adding more benefits to your drink.
Have you tried it? Let me know.